MyFedLoan is a large company that provides student loan services and many other public services, including loan exemption applications.
If there are any issues with federal loans, there are several ways to provide guidance for your student loans.
MyFedLoan is one of the largest student loan service companies responsible for processing all public service loan exemption applications. No matter how annoying it may be, contact your lender (FedLoan) first.
Agree, they may be difficult to handle, but the government is paying them to help you.
Please remember that you can use StudentLoans.gov to do many other things.
This includes providing guarantees for your loan and applying income based payment plans.
You can also pay assistance fees to third-party companies. Make sure you get something after doing this.
MyFedLoan Customer support
You can reach out to FedLoan customer service at:
- Call toll free number (800) 699-2908 from Monday to Friday (8am to 9pm).
- International customers can call (717) 720-1985 from Monday to Friday (8am to 9pm).
- You can also fax to (717) 720-1628.
- You can also email them through their official website.
Helping you is the basic responsibility of customer service, but if there are any errors or bad information, you can follow some basic steps:
- Ministry of Education: If the federal loan cannot provide you with an accurate answer, you can contact the Ministry of Energy. You can call 1-800-872-5327 to communicate with them.
- Complaint submission: You can also report your complaint to the Consumer Financial Protection Agency.
Please remember that you need a payment record to communicate with FedLoan.
Get Professional Help
If you have problems with federal loans and seek professional assistance, there are many ways to provide guidance for your student loans.
No matter how annoying it may be, contact your lender (federal loan) first. Agree, they may be difficult to handle, but the government is paying them to help you.